Ancient Japanese Superfood: TOFU
How to Enjoy
- With soy sauce / ponzu
- With salt, black pepper or olive oil
- As a salad topping with dressing
- Stir fried / baked with teriyaki sauce
- In miso / asian / vegetable soups
- Baked, then spread with / dipped in miso
Nutritions & Health Benefits
- Linoleic acid:
- Helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol, may be effective in preventing arteries.
- May be effective in metabolizing fat and preventing fatty liver.
- Choline lecithin:
- Said to help enhance memory and mental acuity and protect against the effects of aging and dementia.
- May help protect against adult diseases, aging, etc. by inhibiting free oxygen radicals.
- Isoflavonoids(Resembles estrogen):
- May help maintain female hormonal balance, prevent osteoporosis, breast cancer, menopausal symptoms and bone-related related diseases and may aid in prevention of hardening of the arteries.
- Trypsin inhibitor:
- May aid in treatment and or prevention of diabetes.
- May increase beneficial intestinal bacteria, mainly bifidus.
- Associated with strengthening teeth and bones (provides protection against osteoporosis). Helps to reduce stress.
- Vitamins E, B1, B2, Niacin:
- Promotes beautiful skin.